If you are nearing age 65, now is the time to start thinking about Medicare. The topic can seem daunting, but the lawyers at Giro Attorneys at Law, LLP, are ready to answer your questions and help you navigate the system to make sure you receive the benefits that work best for you.
Who is eligible for Medicare?
Medicare is a federally funded health insurance program generally available to people age 65 and older. It is also available to people under age 65 who have certain long-term disabilities, such as
end-stage or chronic kidney disease.
How is Medicare structured?
Medicare includes four Parts that cover different services. Much of your individual coverage will depend on whether you have Original Medicare or a plan provided by a private insurance
company. The following are the different parts of Medicare:
- Part A covers inpatient hospital stays, care in skilled nursing facilities, hospice care, and some home health care.
- Part B covers outpatient care, certain doctors’ services, medical supplies, and preventive services.
- Part C, also called Medicare Advantage Plans, are health plans offered by private companies that work with Medicare. These plans cover all Part A and Part B services and usually include prescription drug coverage.
- Part D is also offered by private companies and covers prescription drugs.
Is there anything Medicare doesn’t cover?
Medicare doesn’t cover every medical event you might encounter. Some of the services not covered by Medicare include:
- Dental care and dentures
- Eye examinations related to prescription glasses
- Custodial care
- Cosmetic surgery
- Hearing aids
- Routine foot care
Medicare supplemental insurance, referred to as Medigap, can often bridge the gap between services Medicare does and does not cover.
Learn More About Medicare Benefits, Call Giro Attorneys at Law, LLP Today
If you are looking into Medicare benefits for you or a family member in New Jersey or New York, let Giro Attorneys at Law, LLP, make the process easier by calling (201) 690-1642 today.
We care about each of our clients, and work diligently to assist them in obtaining the benefits they deserve. Don’t wait – contact us now to learn more about your legal options.